Caring for your swimsuit
We want you to enjoy your brand new swimsuit as long as possible, but they are very fine garments exposed to very harsh conditions. In order to preserve and enjoy your suit longer here are a few things to keep in mind:
Can I wear my suits in a chlorine pool?
- Yes, but be mindful that chlorine and even salt will eat away at swimsuit fabrics (Lycra), causing them to eventually lose their shape and colour.
Can I wear my suits in a hot tub?
- Please don't! Swimsuits are very delicate garments that don't react well with heat and chemicals found in a hot tub. If you must go into a hot tub, bring an older one with you or one made of 100% polyester.
How do I make my suit last?
- Always read the instructions on the care label. After each use, hand wash your suit in cold water using a mild detergent and let it air dry in a shaded, ventilated area. Never roll it up while it's still wet; let it dry first. Keep in mind also that some colours, especially bright fluoro ones, will eventually fade in sunlight.
Will tanning products or sunscreen affect my suit?
- Some products can damage or leave a mark on your swimsuit. Take extra care when applying these products and always ensure they are completely dry before coming into contact with your suit.
Do colours bleed from my suit?
- Most colours do not; however bright fluoro dyes have a high chance of bleeding. For this reason, it's best to be very careful when wearing these colours (don't keep them near your other garments, as the colour can bleed onto your favourite dress or shirt!).